Observations, Musing & Comments About God, People & This Life We Are Living

Observations, Musings and Comments About God, People and This Life We Are Living.


Friday, June 1, 2012

So It Turns Out That We Needed A Lot Of Help

So if you happened to browse my website a couple days ago and then again today, you may have noticed some changes.  In fact, you likely noticed a lot of changes...everything has changed!  It's a completely new website.  As it turned out, we needed more help and problem solving than we originally thought.   We asked for a little bit of help and ended up getting a whole lot of it!  But I have to admit, it was kinda hard accepting it.  I had a hard time letting go of the website that William and I built even though I had cursed it many times while in the making of it.  I kept trying to do something I didn't know how to do; and I kept trying to make it do things that it I didn't know how to program it to do.  But still,  I didn't want to give up.  I didn't want to let go.  I didn't want to let go of the idea that we could do it ourselves.  I didn't want to let go of my son's determination to be my "tech man" and make this work for me.  I did not want all our efforts to be for naught.  Emotion warred with reason.   Feelings blurred facts.  But we talked it out.  We expressed our feelings.  We researched the facts.  We did the pros and cons... and in the end, we decided to move forward with a new plan and a new tech man.  Well, a new plan anyway...William will always be my tech man.  I say with no shame whatsoever, I will always need technological help.  And I will be ever thankful to William who so graciously drops all to come help when I call.

That all being said, I have a new best friend in the integrated website business.  Jaswant Pujari of Therasoft Online.  What a help he has been!  I actually may not have to pull out the rest of my hair in frustration now.  Since I can't be an all self sufficient expert on all things, it's good to come across a few experts that are willing to come a long side, go beyond the call of duty and just help out. 

So the first moral of the story is..Do not fear...Help will come.  The second moral of the story is that it really is OK to let go of something that isn't really working even when you've worked really hard on it.  If it's not working, it's not working. It's important to know when to let go and when to hang on.  In this case, it was time to let go and make room for something new.  New can be good.             

No comments:

Post a Comment